GFO and Carbon and Macro Algae

I am thinking about running GFO and Carbon bec I always get some ugly green hair algae. My macro algae (sea lettuce and chaeto) are not doing enough.
If I use this chemical filtration method, I assume it will kill my macro algaes in my sump. correct?
I would need to remove my macro algae in my sump prior to the chemical filtration installation.
What's your alls thoughts
thanks

geoj

I am thinking about running GFO and Carbon bec I always get some ugly green hair algae. My macro algae (sea lettuce and chaeto) are not doing enough.

If I use this chemical filtration method, I assume it will kill my macro algaes in my sump. correct?

I would need to remove my macro algae in my sump prior to the chemical filtration installation.

What's your alls thoughts

thanks
First I would only use carbon if you found one that does not leach phosphate. All the carbon that I have tested do and so will add to your problems. I am running half GFO half PhosGuard. I do get growth out of my Chaetomorpha in the sump and I have had it die back also. So I am still on the fence as to if they can be used together. I think it has to do with how well you control the phosphate in the sweetspot.

btldreef

I have a full refugium with many macros (chaeto, different types of caulerpa, gracilaria, etc) and also run ChemiPure Elite Carbon AND PhosBan. I have no issues with keeping my macros alive. I actually prefer the double method of being able to remove phosphate and nitrate from my water.