Giant Green Duncan advice

tur4k

I've had a colony of Duncan's for about a year. I love these corals. They've always seemed like the toughest corals in my tank. They thrived through phosphate spikes, large temp swings, questionable water from a spent RO membrane...
Then I had a nasty Majano Anemone outbreak. I added a Bristletail Filefish (also called Seagrass, Jade, Aiptasia eating Filefish) to remedy the problem. The Filefish cleaned up the Majano's like a champ. He then moved onto my Zoa's, Leather's, Monti Caps and Duncan's. I'm pretty sure most of my corals will recover from the damage that he caused, but my Duncan's have been completely withdrawn for a few days. I can still see the tips of they're polyps. So they're not dead yet.
I ended up doing a complete teardown of my tank to get the stupid filefish out after spending a few days trying to catch him. I removed most of the rock and corals. It was a giant pain in the butt. Everything is back in and looks like it survived the ordeal.
I'm looking for any tips to help with the recovery of the Duncan's. Should I do anything other then keep they water quality top notch and target feed to speed they're recovery?

snakeblitz33

Just keep water quality high, keep that RO membrane changed! Keep your lighting schedule the same and see if you can target feed small bits and pieces. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be!

tur4k

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33 http:///t/387727/giant-green-duncan-advice#post_3414178
Just keep water quality high, keep that RO membrane changed! Keep your lighting schedule the same and see if you can target feed small bits and pieces. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be!
That's what I thought. I changed out all of the filters in my SpectraPure RO/DI unit yesterday and flushed it out. New Ro membrane, sediment filter, carbon filter, DI filter and DI silica filter. Emptied my 80 Gallon holding tank and let it refill with the new filters. Now I can stop hauling water from my LFS.