Gimme A Pointer!!!

Ok im pumped got my first zoos just now. (Fire and ice, Greens, Orange Dot, and another one) i temp acclimated and since shipping was only about 16 hours i went ahead and placed them in DSB under lights. Am i good now just leaving them be?

bronco300

yea you should be fine, just let them be to open now, more ya move them the more they'll wait to open usually..if it takes to long then you may nee dto do dips, but generally you should be fine

thanks man...and by the way no worries on the "issue" it actually works better for me. I get new things 2! days in a row. What a week for me.

the fire and ice have opened and the others are in the process so i think im good. IM A ZOO OWNER!!!!!!

bronco300

Originally Posted by Shaun Larlee
http:///forum/post/2618030
thanks man...and by the way no worries on the "issue" it actually works better for me. I get new things 2! days in a row. What a week for me.

the fire and ice have opened and the others are in the process so i think im good. IM A ZOO OWNER!!!!!!

good to hear, was worried when i didnt hear back from you!!
and congrats and welcome to the first step of being another zoo addict

dont worry your closer to me than most fraggers distant wise so hopefully we can make many more deals in the future. Im just beginning so i have PLENTY of room to grow!

Hey just a few questions as these are my first.
How long should i wait for them to open, as stated before they are all in the process except my neon greens. Several have opened but several look tightly shut still. Also the stalks/? are moving pretty well in the current, should i move them or are they ok. And lastly on the frag of greens it looks as if some have already parished and are brown and about to fall off. I asked the seller (who seems nice and said they were fine but would replace if went bad) but i figured i would get your opinions.

bronco300

if you have some that are open you're most likely good to go...you dont want too high of flow on them so you may tone it down, but having a few open is a good sign, even if the others die the ones opening should be fine, just double check for any pests just in case....but it can at times takes days for corals to open...i've had zoos take a couple days before they opened completely.
and we can definitely do more trades, maybe meet up sometime if we ever trade or anything like that