Glad I was home!

puff0224

Yesterday I am sitting in front of my tank (luckily!!) and I hear water spilling out of my tank
! I have a hang-on cpr protein skimmer and it was overflowing! I quickly shut it down to investigate the issue. It just so happens that one of my turbos crawled up into the outlet pipe and blocked it! I'm so glad I was home when he decided to venture in the pipe. Anyway does anyone know how I could "cover" the pipe so that a snail cannot get in but without restricting too much water flow?

subee950

yeah mesh bag will work. how about I am not sure I think its called (Tool) the stuff bridal vial is made of its works good too just cut a piece and rubber band it on.

puff0224

well i was playing billiards tonight when my mom called me and indicated that my skimmer was overflowing again...ugh!!!! well it so happens that the mesh back had built up enough soiled water that it blocked the flow of water....I guess that was a bad idea...i think i'm going to invest in a water alarm instead...

texasmetal

I have the same problem with my Coralife Super Skimmer on occasion. Not sure what the problem is but I'm pretty sure it's not clogging. It's like it suddenly starts sucking in more water than the dial is set for.

xtreeme

He has a dual backpack or did. No way to clog or water go over unless its on outlet. If he used that bio stuff that can make it.

afboundguy

You could get the bubble trap that CPR makes for the bakpak. It goes over the outlet pipe and you can raise it above the waterline and it just fills up and trickles back down into the tank. I put on of these on because of the micro-bubbles I was having due to some of the addatives I was using and ended up taking out that mesh that it comes with and haven't had a problem. They go for around $20 at various online stores.

kalex513

Originally Posted by TexasMetal
http:///forum/post/2692422
I have the same problem with my Coralife Super Skimmer on occasion. Not sure what the problem is but I'm pretty sure it's not clogging. It's like it suddenly starts sucking in more water than the dial is set for.
My Coralife skimmer does that when I get the water too high in the sump.