Glass cracked.....

K

kimc

I can't believe this has happened.... I had just gotten home from work when the glass cracked at the curve in my nano cube!!!! Water was squirting out all over... Have you ever heard of such a thing?? I've had my tank set up for 3 weeks and 3 days.... I have moved my sand, live rock, hermit crabs, snails and one clown fish in to a cooler. I've got a small pump running to circulate water.... Do you think we have a chance? I have to drive 2 hours tomorrow to get a new tank.. I am sick.... I hope this dosen't happen to you....

I would definitely contact the mfg on that one . . . 3 weeks? Thats it? Was there any stress on the glass at all?
As long as the heat is kept up and water is moving it should be fine for a day or two.

K

kimc

I already called them. There was no unusual stress. The tank wasn't near a window, door or a/c vent. Just a freak accident that really sucks.

pyrrhus

sorry to hear about you tank. but i must tell you that you are moving too fast, you have too much life for a tank that is set up for 3 weeks and 3 days, you shouldnt have anythning except for maybe a clean up crew in there for 6-8 weeks.

Originally posted by pyrrhus
sorry to hear about you tank. but i must tell you that you are moving too fast, you have too much life for a tank that is set up for 3 weeks and 3 days, you shouldnt have anythning except for maybe a clean up crew in there for 6-8 weeks.

Not to flame, but how on earth do you know that?
All that is in there is a clean up crew and one clown fish . . . . maybe the tank has cycled already and is fully capable of supporting a single clown.

bee2isme

Be Real Careful when you change over tanks. Make sure you have the other one settled ,if your using the same sand and live rock. All the misxing and such stirrs up all your nitriates, ammonias, and stuff. As you know, can be deadly for your inhabitants if move into it too soon. it can go into an instant nitrate cycle. the safest move would be to have your local aquirium baby sit them a while until your new tank stablizes. They usually don't mind helping out , especially if you've spent an ungodly amount of $ there already :). Good Luck to You!