glasscages or something similar?

I know review are mixed but most reviews I can find are old so wanted to see if anyone has any experience with glasscages particularly recent? I want to get a custom tank built but I don't want to break the bank. I understand that you can't sacrifice quality with something like this but I got a local quote for $8,000 for the same tank that glasscages quoted me at $1500. So just wondering if anyone has any experience with them or can recommend someone else.
Thanks!

eric b 125

I would get other quotes and then question why the Glasscages tanks are so much cheaper. I've not heard anything good about Glasscages which is why I've never bought one to see for myself. I personally would not risk a large volume of water in my house in a bargain-bin tank

2quills

What size tank are you looking for?

I've talked with glass cages a few times about ideas for different builds. This last summer I was considering a 370g tank from them with starphire glass and the quote was a little over $3000. I got another quote from a custom builder here in Texas, and they were asking for a little over $5000.

Only difference was the custom builder wanted to use thicker glass which made it much more expensive and they wouldn't compromise.

On the other hand glass cages could have used the same thickness and it was still slightly cheaper. But there were also freight and shipping costs to consider.

Glass Cages does a lot of volume. Biggest complaint I've heard about them is sloppy silicone work. They globb it on pretty heavy. But that's not necessarily a bad thing.