goby/pistol combo?

busymom

I have loked around and have not found any information/opinions on this question. Should I introduce the goby fish to the tank first or the shrimp? Does one seem to have luck finding the established one more easily? Or should they be introduced at the same time? Or does it really matter? (Is it more of a 'they will find eachother when they find eachother' kind of relationship?) Thanks!

littleliza

I had added my yellow watchman goby first and then added my pistol shrimp a few months later. They found each other right away. I think they would do ok either way.

nofish4u!!

I actually bought a pistol shrimp a few weeks back. After I was home, I started thinking about the Watchman Goby that was hanging out with him in the tank at the LFS. The next day I went back to the LFS and bought the Goby. It was so cute when they found each other in the tank!
As for your question, I don't think it really matters which you introduce first.

misty927

I had a Hi-Fin Red Banded Goby and a Randalli sp. Pistol Shrimp...I added them both at the same time and they instantly burrowed out a home. Very cute. I've read that some species of goby prefer a certain species of shrimp and vice versa. So, I researched compatibilities and the pair I chose readily paired in the wild as well. Just a thought, in case you want to be more safe than sorry...although you may have to search a bit around on the net to find the particular species you're looking for.