Going On Vacation

jpeavytx

I will be going on vacation for a week this Friday to Destin and need some input on how long you have left your tank with no problems. I plan on doing a water change on the day I leave and feeding them pretty heavily. I might have a friend that will be around to feed them once while i'm gone, will leave him a piece of frozen food and have him just drop it in. As of now I leave the lights on for 10 hours, should I cut back on the lights to decrease the evaporation? Is there anything else you could think of that I'm missing or you would have done differently? Thanks in advance

jumpfrog

I always prepackage the delivery of food and water for those tank sitting. In your case you should be fine for a week unless you have significant evaporation. That would be more of a concern than food. If you have someone you trust have them some water and food they can add mid week and you should have no worries.
Lock up your food to avoid "acts of kindess":)
Good Luck!

overanalyzer

you might also want someone to check the tank daily to make sure there is no leaks, etc.
I do this with my tanks (fresh and salt) when I go on vacation.
If you are really worried you can contact your LFS and have them come by and check it for you but I am sure that would co$t!