Gold tail eel vs Volatin

teog

I bought my first eel today. Its a awesome golden tail. Its very beautiful. Does anyone own on of these eels? If so so how are their temperment. I was told by some they are very much like Snow flake eels. Is this true?
I also but a large size Black Volatin today too. He is bad! He is one neet looking fish. The LFS said these two would get along fine in my tank. What does everyone think?
I also have a large sized yellow tang in my tank. Do you think my new fish will bother him or should I trade him back to the LFS?
Thanks

big dave

They should be ok. The lion will get a little large eventually. Better lions would be dwarfs, radiata, or antenna lionfish. Or, you could trade him in when he gets bigger and get a smaller one. Don't plan on adding any other fish because you need to keep your water quality up for the tang with those messy eaters.

wrigley11

You shouldn't have any problems with the golden tail. They actually get along very well with others as long as they are feed and the other don't fit in their mouth.
However the 90 may get alittle small over time for the lion. Whats in the tank besides the live stock... lr, etc?

teog

wrigley11- in the tank is about 20lbs of LR and some dead corals for decorations. Currently there is enough room for everyone. I know eventually I will need a bigger tank. Thats ok Im already looking to geting a 250 gallon in by Feb.