Golgi's 75 gallon reef diary

Here are pics of my new 75 gallon reef. I moved most everything from a 55g , 1.5 year old reef. The new 75 gallon has been set up for about 3 months. Let me know what you guys think!
Full tank shot:

Center shot:

Red brain, monti cap, skunk shrimp

Monti cap/Acan/Skunk

Left side shot:

Originally Posted by nycbob
http:///forum/post/2848421
very nice. i think u hv enough flow even without the maxijet ph.
Yeah, I recently added the maxijet to that corner due to some issues with cyano. After adding the additional flow to that side of the tank and ramping up water changes, the issue seems to be in control. I'm thinking of taking the ph out now that the cyano seems to be gone. I hope it does not come back!

Originally Posted by Brandan
http:///forum/post/2848488
What type of sand did you use?

I use the Ocean Direct Caribbean Live Sand. It is pretty good sand, IMO. I think my nass snails are doing a good job of keeping it pretty well stirred up as well as the powerheads. I had a pretty bad issue with cyano, but seem to have it under control for the past couple of weeks. fingers crossed....

Thanks alot! I really enjoyed putting that rock together. I was sick and tired of the rics being blown away and not staying where I placed them. After attaching them to some tiny rubble, I just glued them to that piece of LR. They seem to be pretty happy now!

Thanks alot! I really am a softies/LPS kinda guy. I do enjoy a nice monti cap, but definately lean away from SPS. I love a nice SPS tank, but it is not really my interest.

J

justin podolan

That is a really nice tank i wish mine looked like that!

E

eric b 125

wow, that tank is gorgeous! whatever you're doing, you're doing right! keep up the great work!

sman

Goreous! What do you have for flow? I have a softies/lps 90gal with a koralia 3 and 4 and it seems like I have too much flow. The leathers seem fine but the lps are getting kinda beat up, but I just cant make it work with what I have.