Good anemones for my fish?

mrangel

I am looking into getting an anemone for my Clown fish, but I have concerns about my other fish. I currently have damsels, hermit crabs, snails, and a baby Tang.
Will anemones harm other fish that is not a clown.
What anemones are best. I really like the ones with tentacles, but I don't know if they are good with other fish.
Please advice,
Marguerite

how big are the damsels?? I have a anenome with about a 2.5 inch discus in the middle and he never harms my damsels which are all near 2 inches long. However My brother lost a small damsel in his tank to an anenome. Also how big is the tank? Mine are in a 37 and my brothers was in a 5.5 nano reef when it got eaten.

sunken ship

Perculas are very picky clowns when it comes to choosing an anemone. It is never certain that they will go into any type of anemone. The most common anemone I have heard of hosting them is the green carpet anemone, but you need to be careful because i have heard of carpets eating other fish. If you spot feed the anemone it diminishes the chances of it becoming predatory towards your fish. Good luck finding an anemone to go with those percs!

mrangel

My tank is not a reef tank. It is a saltwater tank. It has been going on since December and it's a 55 gallon. My damsels are litle, I would say about an 1 1/2 inches. I also have a baby tang and my true percula clowns are also babies.
As for the lighting, I believe we bought the light bulbs that are for coral reef safe. I don't remember the watts on them.
Thanks for the advice,
Marguerite