Good filter for agressive tank

bwets_angel

What would be a good filter for an agressive tank? I did have an Emporor Bio Wheel but I think I blew it up when I was changing from cc to DSB. I am also running a CPR Bak Pak Protein skimmer and 2 powerheads.

I

irenicus

Do a wetdry system. Look at the Equipment section for info.

justchillin

jeweled moray (4yrs. about 18") and a lion (1.5yrs about 9")
i actually gave it to my mom about a year ago when i moved from my old apartment to my new one (didn't want to keep moving it every couple years)...
will probably add one more fish at some point but i really like the lion and eel together so i'm not in a rush...
i've had perfect parameters for the past 2.5 years...oh, and i just remebered that they haven't been running the skimmer for the last 4 months either...
mike

I

irenicus

If you already have livestock in your tank, drilling may not be your best route. I would go wet-dry though, it's very effective. Just my opinion though.:)

splash1914

I agree..... wet/dry is the best way to go..... not only for filtration but, will also give you much more water movement.... JMO

fishead

i have a 55 w/ a sf eel, huma trig, and lion that i filter w/ 2 Whisper 60s in addition to LR & LS.

I would reccomend a wet/dry filter aswell. Especially if you plan on getting really agressive fish. The bio load they produce will need very high filteration.

bwets_angel

Right now I only have a blue damsel, a false perc and a huma huma. Not sure what, if anything, I will get later. Want to get a bigger tank before anymore additions.