Good fish books

i3luedragon

Does anyone know of any good books on lots of marine species and close to a page worth of information and not just pictures? For example, hardiness, feeding habits, what they need to eat, pH, temp, mating practices, etc.?
I have some now too but mostly pictures and general information, not detailed. Thanks.
;)

q

A book that I recently purchased is REEF FISHES by Scott W. Michael. It is the first volume of four to be realeased. Volume one cover a third of the species and weighs in at 600+ pages with 350+ pages of individual photos, care, and other individual information. Volume four is going to be just a photo volume for the entire set.
I don't know when the other volumes are slated to be realeased.
Since were are on the topic of books. I have been looking for a detailed book that covers the advanced aspects of fish keeping like how to set up and maintain a refiugum ( even how to spell it hehe), breading copieopods, ect,ect. So far all I have seen is the newbie introduction books that don't mention DSB or even any depth on MH lighting (except that it is ezpensive) let alone indepth topics like the relationships that alk, calcium, ph, and CO2 have with each other.
Any sugested readings would be much appreciated.
[ June 09, 2001: Message edited by: Plato ]

polka

I recently purchased "The Conscientious Marine Aquarist" by Robert M. Fenner. I found this book to be wonderful.....I haven't quite read all of it, but what I have read has been very helpful. It is 432 pages with very detailed descriptions of fish, marine inverts, corals and so on. A little pricey @34.95 but I found this one on sale for 29.99. What a buy!!! Hope this helps... :)

fish&chips

"Dr. Burgess's Atlas of Marine Aquarium Fishes" covers over 1,900 fish,inverts, plants w/ the detail you're looking for.
[ June 11, 2001: Message edited by: Fish&Chips ]