Good jobs for a 14 year old

masta man

Hey guys I need help finding a job I would much apreciate it if you could give me some ideas. I have thought of bagging groceries, and I can't mow lawns becasue every one in my neighborhood gets theirs "catered" as I call it. The stupid lawn mowing companies mess up a kids chance at cash. Any who... Please and thank you...

seasalt101

Originally Posted by Masta Man
Hey guys I need help finding a job I would much apreciate it if you could give me some ideas. I have thought of bagging groceries, and I can't mow lawns becasue every one in my neighborhood gets theirs "catered" as I call it. The stupid lawn mowing companies mess up a kids chance at cash. Any who... Please and thank you...

i used to have paper routes and wash cars in the old days plus mow lawns, can you work a regular job at 14 in your state? what kind of money are you looking to make?...tobin

mike22cha

Well I did some lawn mowing this summer, and I help my mom clean an office 3x a week. Next summer I'm going to step up my lawn mowing buisness so I can hopefuly get a couple lawns a day. That'd pay pretty good I think.

alix2.0

i like babysitting... i hate kids but i live in an area where people generally have alot of money and really nice houses. so its nice to get paid to chill in front of a big screen tv for a couple hours. notsure how alot of people would take to a guy babysitter these days though... no offense. lol. your friends might not think its so cool either.

stdreb27

If you like baseball, umpire, I used to do little league and stuff, got paid very well, mow lawns. The other thing you can do is find someone you know who is a handy man and do construction.

fedukeford

im around your age too, i do mowing, rakeing, shoveling, offer to help clean out peoples garages, that type of thing, paper routes are a nice cash flow, if ur willing to give up sleep
jordan

T

tizzo

I think at 14, I was a cashier at our local grocery store.
What is near you in the way of businesses? Caise I assume your not driving yet. Oh and the babysitting idea is a good one. I think I'd rather hire a guy. My 12 year old son is way more attentive and energetic than I ever was at that age.

jovial

Check this book out:
Good Cents: Every Kid's Guide to Making Money, by Martha Weston and James Robertson
Amazon has it.
I read it when I was about 12 years old, lots of good ideas. How much are these folks paying to have their lawns cut? What you need to do is talk to these people and make them an offer they cant refuse. Let them know you are saving for college and offer a year round service, lawn mowing in the summer and snow shoveling in the winter. Use a card that you punch each time you mow or shovel their property. Give them a free one after 5 mows or shovels.

reefer545

I started catering for an Italian off premise catering company when I was 15. Today, I have a culinary degree, and I work for a high society catering company as a chef, party planner, menu planner, supervisor, and the basic go-to guy for the whole company. Pay is much better 10 years later, but I also know that I could have (and I did through college) gotten a job at ANY restaurant or catering company based on the little experience I had, and today I have easily catered over 1500 parties and most recently (the past four years) in homes that are no less than a million bux each. The point is, while it can be frustrating, the service industry ALWAYS needs more people. Good money and tips too.

clown boy

Lawns? Groceries? Fiddlesticks! I do graphic design, animation, computer troubleshooting, and filmmaking. At 13, I kind of started it as a hobby... and I started living off of it when I was 14.
If you are interested, let me know and I can give you a lot of free open source resources.

mike22cha

Fraggin corals? Breeding clownfish or something? Won't pay good, but it'll give you some lfs credit to help pay for this expensive yet wonderful hobby.

jmick

Originally Posted by MIKE22cha
Fraggin corals? Breeding clownfish or something? Won't pay good, but it'll give you some lfs credit to help pay for this expensive yet wonderful hobby.

PLEASE, no more chop shops--it's seems like everyone and their mother is getting a frag tank.
Do you have to work for some reason? If not, why not enjoy being young...you have your whole life to work.

masta man

Originally Posted by Jmick
PLEASE, no more chop shops--it's seems like everyone and their mother is getting a frag tank.
Do you have to work for some reason? If not, why not enjoy being young...you have your whole life to work.
I'm saving for a new Skimmer and a new Ipod.
Definitely not free

masta man

Originally Posted by Jovial
Check this book out:
Good Cents: Every Kid's Guide to Making Money, by Martha Weston and James Robertson
Amazon has it.
I read it when I was about 12 years old, lots of good ideas. How much are these folks paying to have their lawns cut? What you need to do is talk to these people and make them an offer they cant refuse. Let them know you are saving for college and offer a year round service, lawn mowing in the summer and snow shoveling in the winter. Use a card that you punch each time you mow or shovel their property. Give them a free one after 5 mows or shovels.
I will definitly chech the book out

jtrzerocool

Originally Posted by Jmick
its good to have a frag tank. i dont have one, but 1 more frag tank means less coral pulled out of the ocean. JMO

jmick

Originally Posted by jtrzerocool
its good to have a frag tank. i dont have one, but 1 more frag tank means less coral pulled out of the ocean. JMO
I agree with that! What irks me is when people get nice colonies and chop them down to little bits and sell those little bits for more then they are worth. I have sold frags in the past and everything I have sold has been pieces that have accidently broke off and generally speaking I'll sell for much less then they are worth because I like to help out a fellow reefer. Although, recently I sold a few for more then I wanted to because the guy I met only had a $20 and I would have taken $10 for the two pieces and the chaeto....will have to bring $10's with me next time.