Good news /bad news

ssweet1

The good news is that my 245 in wall is done and all stuff in it is thriving looks beautiful!! Bad news is my large hippo which I have had for a couple years no problems has some ick spots now. All other fish are fine seem to love the new larger headquarters but after 4 days my hippo has ick. What do I do? Watch it and feed him garlic for a few days or try like heck to get him outta there? I have a quarantine set up ready but the problem is how would I ever get him out of there? I have 300 pounds of liverock and fragile corals everywhere. I have read that these fish are ich prone but since I never had it before I just moved everyone on in to the new tank when it was ready. Any advise welcome, Thanks, Carrie :help:

toughguy80

If it was me I'd bite the bullet and remove him and start hypo. Imagine the headache if it spreads and you have to get all the fish outta there. That and the fact I'd feel bad waking up one day to find the poor little guy lying on the bottom from it b/c I thought it wasn't serious enough to worry about. I've learned just b/c it doesn't look bad, doesn't mean it is. Whatever you decide, good luck.