Good Saturday mornin'

nm reef

Hope y'alls weekend is a good one. Mine is off to a decent start....can't be a bad weekend when it starts with a early mornin' actinic view of "Wizardry Reef".....

buzzword

Wizard I love your tank and I love your posts, but honestly you are KILLING me with envy! OH stop it already! LOL. I truly enjoy seeing your tank and I hope one day mine can be half as nice. I posted pics of my progress in new hobbyist, take a look and give some advice if you have any. Thanks. And keep brightening my day with your pics.

N

nuffspeed1

That is truly beautiful, and has brightened up my Saturday.
Thanks

nm reef

Originally posted by Buzzword
Wizard I love your tank and I love your posts, but honestly you are KILLING me with envy! OH stop it already! LOL. I truly enjoy seeing your tank and I hope one day mine can be half as nice. I posted pics of my progress in new hobbyist, take a look and give some advice if you have any. Thanks. And keep brightening my day with your pics.

Thanks for the kind words....i have looked at a couple of your threads and I can say this...you are developing a very nice system of your own....you really don't need much help from me...from what I've seen you are well on your way.

nm reef

Originally posted by nuffspeed1
That is truly beautiful, and has brightened up my Saturday.
Thanks

....many thanks to you.....its always a pleasure to share my pics with folks that enjoy them......so the pleasure is all mine.....

nm reef

Originally posted by wax32
Nice. I sorta wish I had a seperate ballast for my actinics.

It does make for some very interesting viewing.....sort of simulates a sunrise/sunset effect and the coloration from start to finish is breath taking...in my opinion.

getit

NM reef,
I AM A BRAND "NEWBIE", QUICK QUESTION THOUGH... YOU WERE TLKING ABOUT THE ATTINIC LIGHTS AND CREATING A DAWN TO DUSK AFFECT. COULD YOU PLEASE ELABORATE ON YOUR LIGHT CYCLE, WHAT WILL I NEED TO DO WHEN I AM UP AND FULLY RUNNING. I WILL HAVE A FEW FISH W/ LR AND SOME SOFT CORALS (260W OF LIGHTS) PROBABLY GOING WITHT THE CORALIFE LUNAR AQUALIGHTS... THEY HAVE ATTINICS, 10000K AND LUNAR LIGHTS W/ 3 CORDS/ POWER-ON &OFF?
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!!:help: :help:

getit

Originally posted by getit
NM reef,
I AM A BRAND "NEWBIE", QUICK QUESTION THOUGH... YOU WERE TLKING ABOUT THE ATTINIC LIGHTS AND CREATING A DAWN TO DUSK AFFECT. COULD YOU PLEASE ELABORATE ON YOUR LIGHT CYCLE, WHAT WILL I NEED TO DO WHEN I AM UP AND FULLY RUNNING. I WILL HAVE A FEW FISH W/ LR AND SOME SOFT CORALS (260W OF LIGHTS) PROBABLY GOING WITHT THE CORALIFE LUNAR AQUALIGHTS... THEY HAVE ATTINICS, 10000K AND LUNAR LIGHTS W/ 3 CORDS/ POWER-ON &OFF?
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!!:help: :help:

NM reef are still there?

small time

"how do you keep the glass so clean?"
love that question. hae not heard it in a while
looks :eek:
just ordered my actinics vho

viper_930

Awsome shot NM, that reflection's really cool.
Originally posted by getit

For the dawn/dusk effect, the actinic lights turn on before the 10,000k and turn off after the 10,000k. For example, here's my schedule:
10:00am Actinics on
11:00am 10,000k on
12:00pm Halides on
8:00pm Halides off
9:00pm 10,000k off
10:00pm Actinics off