Goodbye

thumpco

This whole site is very unpleasant, well the people on it. There are a few who have never criticized, or be mean to your peers, and I am not speaking towards you. I don't understand. This site is to help people keep and maintain a saltwater tank. You should not use this website to let your feelings out on people, or whatever some of you do. Find a Way to get your point across bluntly, but politely enough with all the exclamation points!! People, it's just fish ok. You mustn't take it so SERIOUSLY!!! You should be caring about your family and friends this way. I write this not out of anger, but disgust, I read the way some people talk to others and it is degrading. People are sensitive. I hope at least one person sees it as I do.

gemmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpco http:///t/390425/goodbye#post_3457471
This whole site is very unpleasant, well the people on it. There are a few who have never criticized, or be mean to your peers, and I am not speaking towards you. I don't understand. This site is to help people keep and maintain a saltwater tank. You should not use this website to let your feelings out on people, or whatever some of you do. Find a Way to get your point across bluntly, but politely enough with all the exclamation points!! People, it's just fish ok. You mustn't take it so SERIOUSLY!!! You should be caring about your family and friends this way. I write this not out of anger, but disgust, I read the way some people talk to others and it is degrading. People are sensitive. I hope at least one person sees it as I do.
I do understand where you are coming from. However, I must reiterate that this is the internet and what we are reading is just words. It is hard to gauge a person's emotions, feelings or personality just through words. Some of us are very passionate about the hobby and this comes out in our posts. It may just be fish, but we care about these fish. I know I don't want to tell someone it is OK to do something when deep down I know that they will be sentencing the fish to an untimely death.

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemmy http:///t/390425/goodbye#post_3457478
I do understand where you are coming from. However, I must reiterate that this is the internet and what we are reading is just words. It is hard to gauge a person's emotions, feelings or personality just through words. Some of us are very passionate about the hobby and this comes out in our posts. It may just be fish, but we care about these fish. I know I don't want to tell someone it is OK to do something when deep down I know that they will be sentencing the fish to an untimely death.
+1
Also keep in mind, if you find a post/poster offensive, you can always PM a moderator or just click that little red flag at the bottom of the post and alert it to our attention.

xandrew245x

Sorry that you feel this way, I find this forum to be great, lots of very friendly and knowledgable members who just want to help!

S

smallreef

I believe when you ask a question over and over and aren't getting the answer you want because people ARE thinking about the fish, and you wallet, that if you get upset that people are being honest and trying to help you, then your loss.
I can tell you I am blunt, I am blunt in person and on here, I tell it how I see it. They may JUST be fish to some people, but to me they are my pets and I take any living things lives very seriously... These fish cannot fend for themselves as my family and friends can.

thumpco

One last thing, smallreef, when you say "blunt", you mean rude, right? Yeah they are pets, but if you care so SERIOUSLY, why don't you leave them in the ocean. I'm sure they will be much happier there. Fish can fend for themselves- they fight other fishes don't they? And BLTDreef, last time I gave someones post a redflag, you sent me a message, saying you can't go around doing that. So why don't you practice what you preach!

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpco http:///t/390425/goodbye#post_3457836

One last thing, smallreef, when you say "blunt", you mean rude, right? Yeah they are pets, but if you care so SERIOUSLY, why don't you leave them in the ocean. I'm sure they will be much happier there. Fish can fend for themselves- they fight other fishes don't they? And BLTDreef, last time I gave someones post a redflag, you sent me a message, saying you can't go around doing that. So why don't you practice what you preach!

Many of us also believe in preserving this hobby. As the reefs become more damaged, RESPONSIBLE hobbyists may be one of the only hopes to help restoring them as well as keeping certain species from becoming extinct.
As for flagging posts, yes I did reprimand you. I had kept it private, but since you seem to want to share, let's tell the entire story: YOU asked for advice, on more than one occasion about the same thing, I believe it was in regards to keeping more than 2 clownfish in one tank. You asked again, and Bang Guy called you out on it. You then got nasty with him, still not giving all the information. Others chimed in on Bang Guy's behalf and you flagged Bang Guy's and the others posts. You then edited your original post to try to hide the fact that you were the one who initiated the altercation, not realizing that moderators can see original posts even after editing. So let's not pretend you're innocent. I told you that you can't go around flagging posts when you instigated the argument and then deleted your comments. Frankly, you were abusing what the red flag is for. Maybe that sounds harsh, but it's the truth of the situation. So if you can't take criticism, especially when you're also bring rude, and to a moderator at that, then maybe the Internet isn't for you. You seem to want to argue with people here, at least that has been my impression through PM's and in this thread. If someone dares have a difference in opinion from you, you immediately jump on defensive mode.

deejeff442

did someone say blunt.got my lighter wheres it at? i think i remember this.was it the post where he wanted a trigger in a 75 and 4 clowns in the same tank,then kept trying to put big fish in a small tank and find a way to justify it ?kept changing the fish and everyone was telling him no 4 clowns and a trigger ???. i do see people that come here ,we give opinion--they dont like it and want what they want.seems to me these are the people who should not be in this hobby to begin with if they are refusing to learn.i know when i started there was no internet and i had to learn from the lfs who sold me a butterfly fish 2 weeks after i started my tank.by the way dont we have rules for 13 year olds to be on here? just sayin

S

siptang

To me this is one of the best site on the net.
Its your loss, hope you find a better forum who will be more to your likings.