got a cleaner wrasse.

mr.clownfish

so i herd these little cleaner wrasses clean parasites off of other fish, ive had mine for a week now and its not really doing anything, just swimming from one end of the tank to the other. i stuck my hand in the tank the other day to clean some algae, it started to clean my hand. it was the cutest thing ive ever seen
how can i get it to clean my fish? they do have some parasites, and my flame angel goes up to the wrasse and its saying clean me, but it just swims away.

meowzer

Maybe it's shy and won't clean them while you are watching....LOL....I really think you just have to let nature take its course....doubt you can influence the wrasse in any way haha

ajroc31

They do not clean every fish. From experience, I noticed that my cleaner prefered larger fish, and was very picky about which fish he cleaned.

srfisher17

I'd be more concerned about the parasites than the cleaner wrasse. What kind of parasites? If you're talking about ich-type parasites; a cleaner will not solve your problem. If this is the case, you can't wait any longer to do something or you'll lose every fish.

vanos

I had a cleaner wrasse. It really stressed my fish out because they were always being cleaned/harassed everywhere they swam. I got rid of it quickly.