48" Compact Fluorescent Lighting Fixture
4 x 65 Watts
2 - Dual Daylight 6,700k/10,000k Lamps
2 - Dual Actinic 420nm/460nm Lamps
4 - White Lunar Lights
Cooling Fan
Docking Mounts Included
48.25" x 8.25" x 4.5"
Description#1 Qestion one is what lights come with this unit factory?
#2 Can i use these bulbs?
[[65 watt Current 10,000K Daylight
10,000k Daylight
Nichia Phosphors
Gold Plated Pins
Philips Filament
Handcrafted ]]
65 watt Current Dual Actinic 420nm/460nm
Dual Actinic 420nm/460nm
Nichia Phosphors
Gold Plated Pins
Philips Filament
Handcrafted
i want the best lights i can find for this setup. what are the best bulbs and combination i can find.

acrylic300

I think the set up you described is what it comes with. I would think you can put any 65 watt bulb that will fit the pin configuration in it (sqaure pin I think).
I have one that has x2 130 watt bulbs that you described and the only option I have found is sunpaq. They also have a 10k bulb.
I think there are more options as far as brands and color temp. with the 65 watt.

oceana

yes you can use any 65 watt pc bulb you want. but like said above you need to make sure its the right pins (....) <--straigh pin or square pin :):). other then that its all about what color and coral growth you are looking for.
6500 k will give great coral growth but it also will look yellow and aid in the growth of algeas.
10k is a better choice but still a bit yellow. this is why you want a 03 actinic.
the above will give you good growth (depending on the corals you keep) and also a nice color. it will aslo let you have a day/night cycle with yoru lighting

oceana

my post above gives you your answers. when talking about PC lighting that is your choice for the most part.

oceana

then get that. It will be a bit to yellow for me. still will be nice but you will lose alot of color in the tank. you will also lose your abbility to have a night and day cycle.
I would atleast get
2x 10k
1x50/50
1x actinic
this will give you the less actinic like you seem to want and also keep the color and day and night cycle. depending on your set up you may have to wire in another switch however.