Got a new incredible fish

myerst22

Here's my newest addition. He's very difficult to take pictures of but this fish is awesome. I really have a rare fish addiction. Let me know what you think? Regards, Tim

teen

males are often found in incredibly deep water. usually between 70 and 300 meters.
thats about 229 and 984 ft deep.

coachklm

it is an anthias ... a deepwater one no less ... rare and expensive (if found)

Anthias Borbonius
if found - last price I saw online was $115 ea

myerst22

Yes it's a parathias Borbonius. They are found in deep water of the coast of Japan and Taiwan. This fish eats and acts like he isn't a anthias. Eats anything that hits the water. Coach where did you see this fish for $115? I don't think wholesalers get them at this price. I really need some help with my rare fish addiction. He lives with some other rare fish among others. Here's some pic of a few of them. I also have a small male crooshatch coming from a my diver friend in Hawaii. I'm going to have to move some fish to other tanks though.

teen

most anthias eat anything that hits the water. theyre closely related to groupers and basslets.
nice rhinopius? how much you pay for him? theyre going for $600-$800 around here.

myerst22

They seem to be around now. They are said to be seasonal, whatever that means. Another major online vendor will have them for sale in a few days. I certainly didn't pay 700-800 dollars for the fish but that was the price about a year ago. the price was closer to the other price mentioned but not quite as easy on the wallet. Ijust took a couple of more shots of him. He seems to becoming more and more bold. Took some other pics of some other fish I have so here they are. Regards, Tim

katz

My LFS has those deepwater japanese anthesis. He is currently selling them for $90.
Cool looking fish but he will only sale them to people who have low light tanks.
Katz