Got a new lil Fish for my 28gal...

So here are few photos.. Not the best of photos. I will get better ones I promise!!!
Cockatoo Waspfish *New Fish*

& his roomie

cranberry

VERY nice. Sometimes he'll sport a nice white face for you. Ours has nice purple spots on him as well. You'll really like this clumsy guy. I'll be watching closely for updates.
Yahoo! Your my only c.ockatoo buddy!

S

saxman

nice!
i'm w/Renee...i dunno why, but our c.ockatoo is fave of mine as well. kinda reminds me of a bumbling old wizard or something.
your red fuzzy is gorgeous too!

Ooo can not wait to see him do the white face!! Hahaha he will be dealing with a cam when he dose... And I will try to keep up with updates *lol*
they do look like a lil old wizard!
Thank you guys for posting!!!!!

S

saxman

i'll be very interested to see if your fish picks up the same habit as ours.
it seems that once it got hip to the fact that it could eat food from the substrate and water column, it decided to learn to swim! since these fish lack a functional swim bladder, they pretty much just sink if they stop paddling. at first, it almost seemed like there was something wrong with the fish as it was thrashing in the water column just to stay afloat, but one day, it learned that it could hang in the water by relaxing and simply pumping its pectorals every so often. so now, it goes where it pleases...
BTW, that little fish is a big PITA at tank cleaning time, as it thinks anything you put into the tank is a feeding stick (such as the siphon). it also just hangs out around us, so we really need to watch out for it...it's not afraid at all. LOL

Ok I did it.. I talked hubby into a bigger tank for the fuzzy and cockatoo.. Woo Hoo.. Will be picking up a nice lil 40gal tank Friday or Saturday

S

saxman

VERY cool!
now maybe a nice little red-finned wasp to round out the tank... ;)