Got free sixline wrasse, please help!

texanangel

Okay, I just got a new fish, for free from a friend. I just came through some really painful surgery, and she felt sorry for me. It's a 1.5" Sixline Wrasse (so cute!) and it's now in QT. I had a firefish in there, and against my better judgement put him in the DT early (though my best lfs did qt him for two weeks on my behalf, long story, but good seller). Funny thing is the firefish and the royal gramma are acting just like best friends.
Anyway, what do I feed the wrasse? And does it have any special needs? It's going to be in the qt for at least a month, and I want him to be happy.
Thanks!

flcandy

Make sure he has places to hide and feed live brine or pellet. Mine is doing great on the pellet, you should just make sure he is well acclimated and it should be okay! Have fun they are awesome fish!
Beware though they will eat until they are way over fed!

reefkprz

They are great at protecting your corals from various little nuicances, they will eat flake, pellet, (avoid brine shrimp unless its newly hatched adult brine is nutritionally void) baby brine (within 6 hours) is ok. heck they eat almost anything including pieces of algae sheet that break free and float around the tank.
they can get a little tesy towards new fish just something to keep an eye onin the future when your adding fish.
Oh one more thing they will seriously dent your copepod and amphipod population, with this guy in the tank you cannot keep a mandarin unless your tank is super huge.

texanangel

Thanks! He's already eating, just about anything it seems. And the only brine shrimp I get are spirulina enriched. He's cruisin' throught the live rock, and he really is adorable. And my firefish has staked out a cave at the bottom, right on the sand bed. It's so cute, he backs up into it as soon as the lights go out, then comes right out to see me when they come back on.

mamasky712

6-lines are such neat little fish. I've actually seen mine "clean" my yellow damsel. He eats every kind of food that gets put in our tank plus he is picking through the live rock non-stop. It's neat how he swims in and out of small little holes or through corals.