got my 150

wablondie98664

today we got our 150 gal tank:D it has dual 400 watt mh and 175 watt mh with normal output actinics. i'm so excited to set this thing up:D

harlequinnut

By the lights you have, I assume you want to do a reef tank right? Very nice by the way, hope your floor holds.:cheer:

wablondie98664

yeah it's going to be a reef tank. after it's all set up, i want to eventually get some clams. my husband just has to replace a bulkhead in the overflow, then it's all set to fill up
:)

reefer44

my favorite thing is the feeling i get when i get a brand new tank and get to stock the whole thing
good luck

wablondie98664

update:
the tank is filled with saltwater and sand. we still have to get a bulk head to lead to the sump. hopefully today we will have the sump running, then we can add live rock and go from there:D

donmgicwon

Originally posted by wablondie98664
update:
hopefully today we will have the sump running, then we can add live rock and go from there:D

How much LR you gettin?

wablondie98664

Originally posted by donmgicwon
How much LR you gettin?

i have a 55 gal reef that i am switching over to the new tank. i have abbout 90 lbs of live rock in there, so i'm just going to start out with that and add some more later on.

michael7979

Good to see you and PTM got the BIG TANK hopefully I'll get to meet you two in person some day. Can't wait to see it loaded!

nm reef

Thats got the makings of a very nice reef...I really like the length/depth....best of luck with it and keep us posted as it continues to develop.....

jlm

I know you are excited. I just finished cyling my 72 and I already want a bigger one. haha, there's never an end:D

so far the tank is doing great, got all the fish and corals switched over last night and its looking good. fish all came out this morning for food, and are all doing great in the new home. only one that is mad is our maroon clown, who doesnt have a cave set up yet and just swims around in front of the tank not knowing what to do lol. we will post more pics as it starts to grow out a bit.