got my coralife clip-on Metal Halide

nissan577

so i received my Metal halide and it came with ushio 14k bulb. which turn out to be yellow
so i got a phoenix bulb 14k and the bulb doesnt look as bright as i had it with the sunpod i had before. does the new bulb need to burn in?

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan577 http:///forum/thread/381838/got-my-coralife-clip-on-metal-halide#post_3328768
so i received my Metal halide and it came with ushio 14k bulb. which turn out to be yellow
so i got a phoenix bulb 14k and the bulb doesnt look as bright as i had it with the sunpod i had before. does the new bulb need to burn in?
I hated Ushio for the same reason....yellowish
I think Henry told me that the new bulbs need to break in...I don't remember the time frame though

nissan577

thanks mom :) i just want it so bright already. i guess the sunpod was bright cause it was running for 4 months

meowzer

How bad is it? I mean from things I have read you can change ballasts....I would wait for Nike to say something though....or anyone besides me

nissan577

its not bad but it doesnt look as bright as it did with the sunpod. could it be that the phoenix bulb has burnt in?

nikesb

well different ballasts do different things for bulbs. color, watts, and brightness in your case. wait to see how it is after two weeks.

nikesb

another thing that just came to mind is the reflectors, could just be that the reflector isnt as bright as a sunpod. for example, a lumenmax elite is WAY brighter than a spider reflector using the same ballast/bulb combo