Got my first inhabitants today

pufferfan

I got a red legged hermit and a peppermint shrimp. I know its not much, but i want to take it slow. After i put the peppermint in he wasnt looking too good. He just sat there swaying back and forth for about 2 minutes, then all of a sudden he went to work looking for food on the liverocks, and hasnt stopped since.
The hermit waited about 20min then he climbed up on the liverocks and started picking at them trying to eat stuff as well. Guess they will be okay. :)

the claw

It may not seem like much, but I get alot of enjoyment watching my hermits and cleaner shrimp doing their jobs. I applaud you on your patience. The joy will never stop.

dpdiver

I agree with The Claw, I can watch my inverts almost all day. It is almost like a personal circus watching them :D

nm reef

Congrads on the new additions...the diversity of life in my systems is one of the many reasons I enjoy this hobby!Sometimes I get pleasure out of watching the pods in the refugium!!

NMREEF website
“Whiskey for my men...beer for my horses.”
nmreef@cox.net

scotts

Yesterday I put in some food that sank to the bottom of the tank. About an hour later I looked and every hermit crab that I have had found it's way to the food and they all were having a picnic.
Congrats.
Scott

S

sinner's girl

good luck with them. sinner and I used to have an invert only tank (20gl long). we loved watching them.
what size tank do you have? (you'll want more than one hermit) make sure you have extra shells for when the hermit grows bigger.