got my sump set up

the subject says it all, my first attempt was a disastor, this time i thought it out alot better, took my time, and spent the after noon setting it up, takeing some live rock from the main tank into the sump , set my skimmer up and got everything going, i simulated a power outage by shutting off the power strip for about 30 secs and incase there is a power outage im happy to say i wont have a flood, i dont know who posted it, about the hole in the return peice, i did it, and it works, thanks

Newbie,
Congrats! You might want to consider marking high water and low water points on your sump, to ensure you don't overfill it. Fill the sump to the brim when the power is off. Be careful to ensure that you maintain the appropriate PH, salinity, etc. in the total water volume. Then, power on and mark where your water level is while the system is running (i.e. normal operation). This is your high water mark... the most you can fill your pump, while avoiding a flood. I'm sure you've already done this, but thought I'd mention it just in case.
BTW, I'm glad the return mod. worked out for you.
Happy reefing!

actually its funny that you mentioned about a flood, cause the first time i tryed to set it up(about 3 to 4 weeks ago) i had a bad one, the first time i simulated a"power outage" the sump looked like it was about to over flow so when it got to the top, i was like let me not chance it, and turned on the pump(no flood) then i rember the trick about the hole in the top part, got out my drill, made a small hole, and was AMAZED and how little went into the sump in case of a poweroutage, tommrow ill put more water into it, but in the mean time its working and thats what i care about

by the way, when i was starting out my syphon from my over flow, i had to try like 3 times, and EWWW the last time when i fully got it started some of the water went up the tubeing and i tasted some of it, yuck yuck yuck