Got some Live Sand,Is this good stuff???

mr . salty

I got a 20lb bag of Natures Ocean premium reef sand. It claims to have 10,000,000 bacteria per pound.It is .5-1.7mm diameter.The lable lists three diferent kinds of bacteria,but none of the other critters I thought "live sand" has.Is this stuff the "real deal"as my LFS guy claims????

mr . salty

My plan is to slowly move the CC over to one side of my tank.Then put the live sand down. Adding more every week till I have 2-3 inch all sand bed.Slowly removing the CC at the same rate.I was just wondering if this is good stuff?? And if anyone has used it?

mr . salty

Thanks everyone,it's going in the tank today.I'll post if I have any problems.SAMMY this stuff was around one dollar a pound also,I bet it's the same stuff.
[This message has been edited by MR . SALTY (edited 03-17-2001).]

mr . salty

This sand was almost a pleasure to put in the tank.After I pushed as much of the CC as I could to one side of the tank,I cut the top of the bag open. Then put it in(bag and all)to the tank.It poured out of the bag slowly,and easil;y without any cloud. This stuff looks great.I cant wait to do the rest of the tank.It will probably take two or three more bags though. It definatly looks much better than the CC.

mr . salty

You cant have sand with a UGF. The water will not flow through the sand like with the C,and sand will fall through the slots in the UGF plates.If you want sand you will have to remove the UGF.

mr . salty

Look in the reef section,there are a couple posts there for these detrivor kits. I also plan on gettin a couple of these"kits" once all the CC is gone,hopfully this weekend.