Got T-5's

nycbob

is the t5 individually reflected? saying 156w t5 isnt much info at all. size of tank is important too. lighting is just one of many elements to consider when keeping clams. the maturity of the tank and water parameters r crucial too. easiest clams r derasa and squamosa.

pondy

I have a standard 75 gallon with 6 54 watt T-5's over it and it has a clam on the sand bed. also growing sps on the sand as well. Its a crocea

culp

my LFS has a 55 gallon tank that has 3 VHO 96 watt lights on it and at the bottom of the tank they have kept a clam there for over 2 years and it looks great. and from what i know t-5's are better than VHO 96 watt lights unless you get a cheap fixture.

iyachtuxivm

Seek candycanes advise on this he breeds clams. I have seen clams under t5. I have a clam that came from t5s and was under t5 with me for a short while. Its under mh now and is very happy. I have heard alot of people with why why not to use t5, sometimes its ok sometimes not. It depends on the clam its self, the water parameters, location, type of fixture. Candycane knows all the technical mumbojumbo as to lighting needs.

nycbob

i hv to admit mh is better than t5 if keeping clams. i'd start off w a derasa or squamosa if i was u. just place it high up on the rockwork.