GPH Calculations?

double_g2k

Hi all,
I have a 120 Gallon Tank with a 40 gallon sump that I will be picking up tomorrow. With it comes a mag24 pump that has never been used, and I'm unsure about it's setup.
I have a 3 inch overflow drain setup with a stockman standpipe and was wondering what the calculations would be to figure out how much flow the overflow can handle?
The mag 24 is rated at 2400gph and will be plumbed with 1 inch pipes, I am considering splitting the return piping into two outlets and placing one at each end of the tank. With about 5 feet of head loss and a total of three elbows on each of the two outlets what kind of gph will I get? I'm just as interested in the math here, so if someone knows the formula and could show it to me I'd be grateful.
So I'm looking at the max flow that the 3 inch stockman can handle, as well as the total gph that the mag24 can provide after it's split in two outlets and accounting for 5 feet of head loss and 3 elbows on each pipe. Advice is appreciated!

chuckcac

a 3" pipe will gravity drain up to 5280 gph
mag 24 - 5 feet of head + 3 elbows (1ft for each elbow) = 8ft head loss - = about 1350 gph
i'm not certain what would happen if you split that in two...