Gran Tourino?

rebelprettyboy

I was just lookin at Veni thread about Buying American..
And was wondering if anyone has checked that movie out?
Its a really good movie and damn funny...
Any other thoughts on the movie

I actually saw that film on a whim...
As serious of a movie it is, I have to imagine that it could win some awards for unintentional comedy.
Seriously, anyone looking for a good laugh, check it out...

spiderwoman

We liked the movie, a lot. It doesn't matter if your are a Clint fan or not (I'm a huge fan). You get a good laugh and may shed a tear or two too. I highly recommend this. We saw it on Saturday.

wangotango

Best movie I've seen in a while.
The commericals made it seem all serious and what not. Tons of laughs.
Clint did an amazing job (acting and directing).
-Justin

rebelprettyboy

Originally Posted by WangoTango
http:///forum/post/2911313
Best movie I've seen in a while.
The commericals made it seem all serious and what not. Tons of laughs.
Clint did an amazing job (acting and directing).
-Justin
Yeah the previews made it seem ultra serious.. BUt hell that movie was very funny with his comments and what not...
Like when he tells "TOAD" to go outside and come in and speak to the barber like a men
Or when he tells them dont cook his dog.
haha movie was funny

mimzy

i am so surprised 2c that pple say this is a funny movie! all the previews make it look so dark &serious... maybe I'll have 2go check it out after all...

spiderwoman

Originally Posted by Mimzy
http:///forum/post/2911860
i am so surprised 2c that pple say this is a funny movie! all the previews make it look so dark &serious... maybe I'll have 2go check it out after all...
I wouldn't say it's a funny movie by any means. You just have to see past all the drama and focus on little things. Clint is a grumpy old widow who makes facial expressions that make you chuckle, the girl next door is a hoot... it's a combination of the little things that make you laugh.

mie

Deffinately going to check it out, love clint as well as these type of movies. Probably gonna see it sunday.

socal57che

I have to admit that I was afraid it was going to be LAME, but after reading this I'll prolly see it. After it hits DVD, that is. It's prolly already on DVD in LA.

snakeblitz33

The ending was sad :(
But overall, serious but it had it's funny parts. Everyone in the theater laughed at some point. Great movie.
"Don't eat my dog" and there had to be so many racial slurrs in that movie - someone had to pull out a dictionary of slang for this one. Some of the slurrs I had never even heard of.
He called a few of the characters "zipps" or "zipperheads." I thought it was halarious how everyone dismissed him as a crazy old man, but took him serious and said he was funny and light at the same time.
Good movie A+