green algea on LS

clarkiiboi

I have had my tank up for 6 months and all WAS fine until about 4 weeks ago. I now have green algea all over my LS, in the back between the LR and the back of the glass it seems to be really "thick" for lack of a better word and darker (I can actually gather it up with the net). In the front (from the LR to where you are looking in) I have green algea "laying" on the sand. I dont know what to do it looks aweful and parameters are inline.
If I mix the LS it disappears but back the next day or so. (I know that isnt good) but I hate the green laying there. Any help/info would be greatly appreciated ;)

wilman

I have the same problem with mine and it is driving me frikin bonkers. tommorow I am putting a bunch of crabs and algae eating bottom feeding critters in to see if it helps any. if successful i ll let you know.

ruaround

What type of water are you using? (RO or Tap)
Have you tested your phosphate levels? Typically green algae means phosphate levels are high. HTH

bentrue

the thick stuff in the back could be from lack of circulation. maybe you have deadspots in the tank?

clarkiiboi

Thanks all.
Wilman--Let me know if anything you got helps, that would be great.
Runaround--I havent tested my phosphate levels, I still need to buy the test kit, but that could be a possiblity since I do use tap.
BenTrue--circulation, I'm getting a second power sweep soon, now I know where to point it.
Thaks again all ;)