Green Bubble Tip Anemone Falls

buhney

Hello and Good morning everyone. This morning I looked in my tank and I didn't see my GBTA sticking to the rock where it was placed. I searched for it thinking it just simply moved to another spot. I couldn't find it! So I looked on the ground and there it lays. It has been healthy and beautiful for a while now and just yesterday me and my fiancé noticed it was not sticking on one side of it's foot. I thought it could have possibly be bothered by some gunk on the bottom of it's foot. What do I know though, I'm not an expert. So this morning he was down on the ground. What could possibly be wrong!? Maybe it doesn't like having stuff on the bottom of the foot? Or possibly something totally different? I am at work at this moment so any pictures or conditions on water will have to wait to once I get home. Hopefully it will be fine by then. If anyone has any suggestions to what might be wrong with it, please let me know. Thanks!

al&burke

Hi and welcome to SWF, I am going to do the ground work for the experts that will chime in later. They will need to know the following
Tanks Size
What is in it, fish inverts, live rock
Water parameters
Equipment, filters, sump, protein skimmer
What lights are you running

buhney

Tank size is a 36 gallon
I'll copy and paste what my fiancé sent me on the other stuff..it seems like gibberish to me, hahaha. I wish I could understand it. Lol
4x t5ho 24" (3actinic and 1 10k), aquaclear 50, 2x koralia Evo 750, Hagen 300w heater, aquac remora not connected yet
We have just a 'few' fatties in our tank.
Pair of clowns
Flame angel
Blue velvet damsel
Azure damsel
Mandarin goby
Diamond goby
Lawn mower blenny
Scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp
Peppermint
Sand sifter star
Hermits
Pair of emerald crabs
Snails
Feather duster
Hammer head
*green & rose bta
Mushrooms
Green star polyps
Ricordea
Zoanthus
Flower pot
I'm pretty sure that's everything. Anything about the water I have to hold off on, due to I'm at work and not at home. I'll let you know that when I get home. Is there anything that we can get from this so far? Lol
* also live rock

buhney

I understand it doesn't help that I'm at work and I can't physically see it right now but, this morning it didn't seem like it was completely retracted in itself, I seen it's tenticals but of course not inflated. It was laying in the sand, some what on the side and a little bit tilted forward in the sand.
Could it be that it doesn't like a dirty foot?

spanko

It may have a damaged foot. It may be that your flame angel was nipping at it. It may be a problem with nitrates in the system.

buhney

When we got it, it seemed to be sticking to the rock all around. Just yesterday is when we noticed one side of the foot started coming up. Our flame angel doesn't seem to really nip at any of our corals and stays away from the anemones. Then again I'm not staring at my tank 24/7 so I'm not 100% sure. I will be checking the water as soon as I get home and see if we can determine maybe it being that or eliminate the water. :
I'll let everyone know once I check everything, if anyone else has any suggestions to what it may be please let me know! Thanks!

spanko

Of course it could be that it did not like the spot it was in and is in search of a plot of land to call its own.

buhney

It's possible, but from my experience with the rbta it moves on the rock to another location of it's choice not just fall off. Lol so from that I get a little worried that it may be something else. In that case if it just wanted to move then I should hopefully see it attached when I get home, yes? I am still not sure what it's doing at this moment cause I'm not home. I just hope everything is okay with it. : It seemed completely fine and healthy, then it just detaches and falls. :
Still can anyone answer if they have stuff on the bottom of there foot, they might be bothered by it and not want to stick on that side?

buhney

Well I just got home to find it in the back of our aquarium. It seems to look like its doing fine. I am not sure how it moved over there but its up right and bubbly. Only thing is its on the sand. Are they okay with being on the sand? I haven't check the water levels yet.
This is the best picture I can get, due to it being in the back. It may look a little distorted because of the way I was holding the camera to take the picture. lol

buhney

Well I tried posting a picture and telling you everything, but I guess it didn't want to post? Maybe the picture has to get approved or something? Idk.

buhney

I still have not checked the water levels. But I took a picture, and hopefully it will post when ever it decides too.
Basically I came home and it was upright behind my tank, moved somehow maybe on its own, but still in the sand. My fiance put in the skimmer because we got grounding probes to put in at the same time.Somehow during this it turned back over, maybe due to movement in the water, so I took it and tried moving it to a nice flat piece of live rock and it looked kinda flat. Its still flat and not sticking but turned off the power heads and filter so it doesn't create much movement for this moment until it can calm down and hopefully stick?
If its flat and non sticking, but everything else looks fine, do you think it is okay?

buhney

Welp, I don't know what to do. It I guess floated down probably due to the fish swimming around and it not sticking to anything. So again its laying on the sand. It looks okay though, to me at least. I found the photo that i took in my photos on my profile. I'm not sure why it didn't post here? Ill take another photo of it laying. Please anyone let me know if its just the way anemones act sometimes, or something may be wrong with it. Thanks

spanko

Well first you have to stop touchingmoving it. That is just stressing it out more. Leave it to go where it wants to go and settle down. It may or may not be where you want it but you don't matter here, it does. I would also stop changing things in the tank like flow. Everytime you change something it may not like it and again stress out and not settle down.
Leave it and your tank alone. Turn on the pumps you plan on having on in the tank and just let it be.
Oh did I say leave it alone yet, if not LEAVE IT ALONE!

al&burke

+1 on that - at least he/she is still moving if it was dying it wouldn't move as much. Mine split I can't even see the other half but i know he is in the back somewhere.

buhney

I haven't touched it anymore. I left it alone. I will no longer touch or move it. Ill let it be on its own and on its own it will be. Its free to do what ever it wants. It seems fine. Its just on the sand up against the glass. : Thanks guys!

spanko

Good luck with it and please keep posting here on how it goes. From your descriptions I think it will be fine. Would love to see some pictures though.

buhney

I posted pictures, but I guess since I'm new they have to be like approved of first? I looked and there in my profile in my albums. I'm not sure if anyone else can see them but I can see the pictures I tried posting on the forum there! : I'll keep posting with updates. It looks completely fine just not sticky that's all. Mouth is fine, not gaping not inside out, not spitting anything. Just not sticking to anything : still has it's color. Idk haha. I'll leave it be. Thanks you guys! I appreciate your help! ^_^

monsinour

we can see the pics. this forum software is really bad and has a mind of its own when restricting you what you can post. A mod will be along sometime to approve your posts and they will show up here, hopefully.