green bubble tip anemone help

mr.clownfish

i got a green bubble tip anemone yesterday and in the morning i woke up and found that it moved behind the rocks where there is no light. will it come out on its own? i tried feeding it yesterday but its tentacles arent sticky, it didnt take the silver side. its base is a nice tan color, but its bubble tentacles are a very light green color. so what should i do?

D

denniscoy420

make sure ur power heads and filters are covered I bet he will move on u again
if not GL But I am sure you will be fine

mr.clownfish

so it will come out on its own? its been almost a week its behind the rocks. and it wont take any food! should i inject liquid food into its mouth? good news is that my clowns are hosting it, but i cant see them properly! grrr

btldreef

If the clowns are hosting it, it's being fed. Either they are manually bringing food to it, or it's eating their feces.
No light is getting to it at all and it's been a week? Give it 2-3 more days and then I would actually move it, you have given it a fair amount of time to come out on its own and it should have.

mr.clownfish

i tired moving it today but it wouldnt budge! its got a nice grip, i dont wanna hurt it buy pulling it to hard. ill give it a couple more days!
thank you!

M

mandolihn

if there is a way to try and rearrange your water flow... any time i adjust mine, my anemones move to a different spot. use caution so it doesn't move into the powerhead, but it might help.

mr.clownfish

it still hasn't moved and its green tips have gotten very light almost bleached. ill try moving the power head, if that doesn't work then ill use ice.

mr.clownfish

its in the 40gal with 160 watts of T-5 lighting. i recently found out that my T-5's are HO.
ohh shoot i totally just killed it. i pulled to hard and the hole bottom just ripped off

OMG its totally gonna die.

meowzer

I'm not gonna say anything BUT, I would have left it alone..
do you have a pic of the damage????? You may need to get a small clear plastic container (with holes for flow) and place it in there for now......

mr.clownfish

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3284996
I'm not gonna say anything BUT, I would have left it alone..
do you have a pic of the damage????? You may need to get a small clear plastic container (with holes for flow) and place it in there for now......
i was thinking that too,i should have just rearranged the rocks

i can get a pic of it tomorrow, my camera phone is broken and im getting a new one tomorrow.
yeah ill definitely place a container over it.
the damage is really bad,the whole bottom was ripped off, it had all that spaghetti gut looking things hanging from the bottom, and i think i could see the mouth from the bottom O_O...

cajonez

Not trying to hijack your thread, but I have had the same problem for months. I have had my GTBA for about 6 months and it has always been under a cliff where it doesn't get any light. It was about 4" and healthy when I got it, but now it is only about 1.5" and completely bleached. I have flipped the rocks it is attached to a couple times and each time I do, it moves back into another cliff by the next morning. I have a Nova Extreme Pro (324w) on a 55g tank.

M

mandolihn

I'm far from an expert, but it may be too much lighting all at once? Try unscrewing a few bulbs so it's not quite so intense for a couple of days, and then "wean" them back into the stronger light by screwing in one bulb at a time. Too much of even a good thing all at once can cause problems like stress...

cajonez

I have placed it in a small tuperware container with a partial lid and put a piece of screen on top of the tank to block some light. I will see how this works out, I don't think it can make it much longer without some kind of help.

hunt

Originally Posted by Mr.clownfish
http:///forum/post/3285001
i was thinking that too,i should have just rearranged the rocks

i can get a pic of it tomorrow, my camera phone is broken and im getting a new one tomorrow.
yeah ill definitely place a container over it.
the damage is really bad,the whole bottom was ripped off, it had all that spaghetti gut looking things hanging from the bottom, and i think i could see the mouth from the bottom O_O...

i know you can "frag" btas but they usually cut the down the middle not along the bottom

btldreef

Yes, you can frag a BTA, but each frag MUST have an equal amount of the oral disc (mouth) on it. I usually only frag mine in half, but I have done up to 5. Some people have gone as far as fragging 8-10 BTAs from a single specimen. I'm just not that brave yet.
You can't frag it if the foot has been damaged. Usually once the foot is damaged, it usually dies, sometimes in days, most times in a matter of hours.

M

mandolihn

Originally Posted by cajonez
http:///forum/post/3285578
I have placed it in a small tuperware container with a partial lid and put a piece of screen on top of the tank to block some light. I will see how this works out, I don't think it can make it much longer without some kind of help.
Good luck! Hope it helps!

mr.clownfish

sorry i havent been able to post a pic, i still dont have a camera phone.
quick update, the anemone is inside a container with a few holes on top and sides for light and flow, and its slowly bleaching, its a really light lime green color almost completely white. and its kinda deformed looking, it looks kinda stressed. and my clowns are still hosting it...

meowzer

You really need to keep the clowns out of it right now.....with a torn foot, there is a small small chance for recovery......I think the clowns could irritate it further.....maybe someone else will add to this.....BUT I think the anemone needs to be left alone