green bulbs?

buckey

I have noticed soome clear green bulbs starting to grow at various locations in my tank. sssome are getting quit large. They feel hard and are sstarting to show up everywhere. Cccan some body fill me in on what these are and what they want. Should they be removed or left alone? ANy advice would be appreciated thank you.

rockster

don't pop them, they will spread like wildfire. Get some emerald crabs, they are great at eradicating these bubble algae

nm reef

definitely sounds like bubble algae(valonia)...it can become a serious pest problem. They burst and spread spores that become new bubbles. I've been fighting some in my reef for a few months now. I remove as many as I can(careful not to burst them)...plus I added a few emeralds to munch some. These 2 methods have reduced the numbers considerably but I still have some. Below is a link about valonia that may be useful...good luck dealing with this stuff....*_^
<a href="http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2002-02/hcj/feature/index.htm" target="_blank">bubble algae</a>