green button polyps

fish2

are these easy to keep. down at my lfs i saw green button polyp rock for 30 bucks. it was about a 1 lb rock with 30+ polyps. would this be a good first coral. i have all the basic water params down and calcium is at 400. it is a 20 gal and i have maxijet powerhaeds. i also have t5 lights 2 24 watt 10000k and 2 24 460nm actinics. do they need any type of plankton?

puffer32

They would be fine in your tank, go for it, they grow like weeds in both my tanks! Mine eat cyclopeese, close right up on it.

fish2

would they be ok because i dont have and buffers or calcium or anything. could i do it with water changes

V

vicegrip

Sorry but I think that is to much money for weeds. I have a rock of them a "friend" gave me I can't give away. and they sting other coral. jmho.

teresaq

those are beautiful. I have the brown and have had no problems with them. I would love those in my tank. I love the green.
T

H

h2ocrazy

I have those, I bought from someone and got like 30 polyps for like $10. I like them and they grow fast if you feed them. I feed mine mysis and cyclopeeze and in a months time I have gotten 3 frags of like 10 polyps each out and my colony is about 50 polyps now. They are pretty easy to take care of providing your water quality is good and they have good lighting. Mine are under 6X54W 48" T5s and are everywhere, from the sand to about 4" from the top.

kidreef

Originally Posted by vicegrip
http:///forum/post/2475634
Sorry but I think that is to much money for weeds. I have a rock of them a "friend" gave me I can't give away. and they sting other coral. jmho.

sting? are u sure they do that i dont think zoas sting

H

h2ocrazy

They might have a sting, I have stuck my fingers on them and they kinda stick, so there may be a sting. They don't sting zoanthids though, because I have a frag mixed with them. Not so sure about other corals as I don't go around experimenting. They also are very easy to feed since the food sticks to them.