green clown goby

cocoboy821

hey yall
we have a green clown goby and yes, i did research how to try to get them to feed, but mine seems to take after me and is extremely stubborn lol
he lives in my green leather tree, which is good cause it makes it easy to keep up with the little topper in a 75 gal tank
he disappears sometimes, i guess to go on a food hunt. i've read that he eats brine & mysis and raw shrimp.we are tryin to find a place that sells mysis since none of our lfs sells it, but what else will he eat? :help:
i'd be so glad if ya'll could tell me how ya'll got your goby to eat or how to tell he's eating (besides if he disappears for good lol)

stanlalee

you get them to eat with LIVE brine shrimp followed by mixing very small pieces of frozen along with the brine. wean off the brine little by little by adding less and less to the frozen over time. when they begin eating its obvious, they will out in the open picking food out the water column. its not uncommon for it to take a while to get them to eat. often already half starved by the time they reach LPS.

nygel

I just saved a HUGE citron clown goby who is really thin, and he instantly ate flakes (brine flavored), I wish I didn't buy the dieing fish :( It was that or the tiny green ones, but I think they ugly.

judyk

I couldn't get mine to eat. I tried everything including live brine shrimp. It hasn't been out in awhile and is probably dead.

krazekajin

I have a yellow clown goby and I feed my whole tank a mixture of frozen foods. I feed mysis shrimp, a reef formula cube, an emerald green forumla food, and usually a cyclopeze, plankton, or krill cube. I mix all of these together and dump it in front of my return so that the mixture distributes throughout my tank. I see my yellow clown goby swiming aroudn in the mix, so I assume that he is eating the small particles. also, I think they eat copepods.

reeferdave

i had mine and thought it was dead and to find out it was living in my sump for about 2 months. lol so i got gutter guard and put around my overflow and now he hosts in several differant coralls and even host on top of a piece of tonga. and he does eat or nibble on whaterver i feed.

woolfe

email if you want to know where to buy live mysid and brine. They also sell plankton and a ton of other live feeds.
wenjl1@msn.com
I hope I did that link right. I've never done it before. If the link doesn't work my email is still there.