green favites question

bjsbargain

So I have included to pics to help with this question.
Are the 2 yellow pieces on the first picture or the 2 holes in the second picture, do you know which is the mouth or where they take food in. I never see tenticles on either side but the yellow pieces do seem to have very small furry things on it. Thank you for any input about the feeding ways.

baloo6969

yep, just a hitch hiker...if they become a problem for you pull them out...but blooming sponges is a (normally) a good sign.

bjsbargain

So if the yellow are sponges then are the front holes for feeding or does ezch individual circle have each own?

twogirls

I may be really wrong, but here's my say.
The favite that I have has clear tentacle looking things that come out, generally at night, all over. I don't think that there is just one mouth. The tentacle tend to catch the food.
Again, I may be really wrong.

bjsbargain

My lights go out about 10pm and I am up maybe another hour, do you think I have to wait longer because I have never seen anything like that? But thats what I thought they would do but its been weeks since I got it and no tenticles.

twogirls

some of mine come out during the day, kind of randomly. I'll try to get a pic for you. It depends on your coral whether an hour will be enough or not.

bjsbargain

Thank you. It would be helpful to see what it is suppose to look like. Now it must be eating because its not dead and still very green.

twogirls

this is the best that I could get. I have a really cruddy camera and there isn't very many out right now. There is also a feather duster thing in the pic too, so ignore that.

bjsbargain

Do you think they look like little pieces of "hair" that just have gotten attached to the favites, flowing aimlessly or can you see them coming from inside their holes?

twogirls

you can see them really well attached. they're thicker than a strand of hair. I highlighted the pic for the one that came in best on the pic.