green fish?

805puffer

does anyone know of a bright green fish that i can get. i know there are angel fish, but i really don't want an angel fish. i am looking for a fluorecent looking one. i have a 110 reef and ive been looking for green fish but i can't seem to find one. thanks

joojoo

Hmm, is this reef or FOWLR? There are some really pretty wrasses out there with some green, but most aren't reef/invert safe.

sepulatian

I was thinking chromis as well. There is also the Springer's Dottyback, or Pseudochromis springeri is a darkish blue/green (very nice looking). Any reason why we are looking for green fish? There are others, but mostly blueish green, as is the chromis.

sepulatian

What sized tank are we talking about here? What fish do you already have? How long has it been set up? How much LR do you have?

P

pokey

All I can think of is the green chromis and the mandarin dragonet, which should not be added until your tank is established and mature- I'd recommend at LEAST a year.

promisetbg

Green corris wrasse, it's electric green, green clown goby...cool green fish..
Male bird wrasse is awesome..not reef safe, needs a huge tank. Also two that have alot of electric green is lunare{aka lunatic wrasse
} and hardwicke wrasse...neither are reef safe. I have a Melanurus wrasse..it has a alot of green, is reef safe, and stays small.

805puffer

i have a 110 reef, it has been setup for 3 years. i don't think i have enough pods for a mandarin dragonet to eat.
i was looking for a green fish becasue my moms birthday is coming up and she said she wanted a green fish, so i was looking for one.
i already have a couple of chromises.
thanks ill check out some of the wrasses.

K

kalied20

do you like wrasse? I was looking at a Seagrass Wrasse. They are affordable but you have to watch them in a reef tank.