green hair like alge

metmike

hello i need a little help maybe some one has a trick or something in my 55 gal on the rocks a little bit and on the back glass real bad i have this hair like alge growing i dont over feed and i dont have a whole lot of fish i would like to get rid of this prob so i bought 12 snails and 12 blue leg hermit crabs.they are seeming to take care of the problem on the rocks its just taking a little while but the back glass in not doing anything but growing i dont like useing chemicals so if some one has any ideas please let me know thanks
metmike

dacia

I would first pull off the long strands of algae from the glass, and then finish the job using a Mag-Float. They are great for taking algae off the walls of your tank. You may also want to concider using a Kent Marine metal blade algae scraper if you have hard algae growing on the walls. This was suggested to me a couple of weeks ago and had worked wonders in cleaning algae off the glass! (if you have an acrylic tank, use the Kent Marine plastic scraper rather than metal scraper so you don't scrape up your tank)
Hair algae seems to love my tanks, so I have improved greatly at removing/preventing it... :happyfish