green mandarin

obx fish

we've had our tank set up and running since
March 30, 2002. we have approx 40lbs of LR in there so far...40lbs still curing. we have about 3-4" of live sand in the bottom. we have all kinds of algae growing on the LR and the LR we have has lots of life on it. also have what we thought were little shrimp, but the more I'm reading on here figure they're probably
copapods(?). Anyway, we were told that a tank has to be established for at least 6 months to put a mandarin in it or it will starve to death? How do you know when for sure a tank is really ready to put something like that in there?

brian'sreef

in perspective i have a pair of them and i waited a year to put them in .. i knew that i wanted them so it wasn't a hard wait.. good things come to those who wait.. give your tan ka couple more months and stack in the LR.. and then think about getting one.. but do becareful these guys are fairly hardy as long as the have enough food.. they are fascinating fish so good luck in getting one..
Brian

i had a "mandy" i only had my tank set up for 3 months, but i did have tons of LR....she did wonderfully. probally would still be alive today if we hadnt had a fire and the tank got boiled. anywho, they are a great fish to watch for hours!
~fishywife