Green Moray Eel

bigdawg

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with keeping green moray eels in their home aquariums (or know of someone who has). I saw one for sale the other day at a local pet shop. I am not interested in buying it at the current time, but one day I think it would be cool to have one. The info they had at the store said it would require at least a 240 gallon aquarium. I know they can grow very large because I have seen them diving before. 240 gallons doesn't seem reasonable to me. Let me know what you guys think.

hnf2k

one mean motherf*cker. i read on here some guy said it ate one of his sharks. i think it would probably do better in a species tank, but not sure. as far as it's aggressiveness i think it is about the same as a tesselata.

moraymike

A friend of mine bought his green about two years ago. When he bought it, it was pretty well behaved medium to small size moray. Now, the green has more than doubled his size and he has killed, or eaten, all of his tank mates.

moraymike

Good questions! I'm in the process of upgrading to a 240 gallon. Hopefully, I'll be able to upgrade as these guys grow. If not, I'll find someone that has a big enough tank to take the sharks/eels.

hnf2k

so it was you splash who wrote that your green moray ate your shark. i wrote up top that someone said it but wasnt sure who...funny story, sucks for you, losing all that money and whatnot.