green open brain placement

C

crazydave

Is there a proper location for placing a brain? (I know I've been told that mine is usually up my a%#) I''ve got mine midway up in my live rock.....been
told by friends that it must be in the sandy substrate. I'm a believer in doing what makes you happy...but sometimes that dosnt make the species itself happy. Any input as to what is good for them?

soviettaco

Your going to have to put it in the sand. But if you are hells bent on putting it on the rocks you are going to have trouble with it. Unless you put sand on the rock and then put the brain on the sand, I've heard of people doing this but I am not sure if it works or not. It wouldn't hurt to try it. Let me know if you do and put som pics up, I would like to get another maybe and it would be cool to put it in the rocks since sand space is limited.

C

crazydave

Is this a light thing or what they prefer to feel below them? (stubborn till the end aren't I?) Thanks for your posts guys!

btldreef

Put it in the sand bed. I do not feed mine. I actually never see tentacles either. We do add Marine Snow to the tank every week, so maybe it eats them, but for the most part, it's just light. They're a very easy coral and don't require much care.

truperc

It is a combination of factors.
Open brains have delicate tissue that can be ripped, become infected and die on rock work. (i am sure there are cases when they do just fine on the rock work, but do you want to take the chance.)
Additionally there is a light component.
Lastly, this is where they are found in nature.