Green Polyps question

krazykarel

I am curious what you all think is up with my polyps...they are refusing to open. I have a FrogSpawn near by that is doing well...is the FS the problem?

morval

i doubt the frogspawn is doing anything i have mine very close together and they dont seem to bother each other.

i have noticed that every one in a while GSP will just take a day or two off and not open but they seem to be good as new afterwards.

krazykarel

Parameters are good...I did just recently put in the polyps and they may still be acclimating. Any other thoughts?

morval

oh if there new then u will be fine they tend to take a while to acclimate. i think mine didnt open for like 4 days i thought i killed them then one day BAM the were open and fine but like i said every once in a while the dont open for a day or so so dont be alarmed if that happens in the future.
i have heard of people taking them out and throwing them away because they didnt open in the first few days. just give it time.
also dont move them around ur tank to try to get them to open just leave them alone and they will open for u

krazykarel

I have moved them around a couple of different times, but they are still not opening up.
I do have hermit crabs in there that walk over the corals, can these guys be the problem in why the polyps are not opening up?

E

emeralcrab

I've had some of mine close up for 4-5 days. Just relax and give them some time. As long as your water param. are great then don't worry. They are some of the hardest to have.

krazykarel

Alright I'll be more patient...first time I have kept anything outside of mushrooms in a tank so I am a bit antsy :)

I wanted to let you know that I was worried too when I bought some of these and it took them 6 days to open. They have been doing great since then. Good LucK!