Green Star Poly question

newbieabc

Hello all,
I just got some gsp! Normally when I get a coral, its open right away, but this gsp is taking a lot longer. Any reason as to why? Are they more sensitve to the water then others?
Thanks,
Austin

debbie

I have these corals and they can take a bit to adjust. How long have they been in your tank??
What fish are in this tank too??

oneradtek

if it makes u feel any better, i got some GSP and had it for 2 weeks or so and NOTHING! i was about to throw it away but then some sprouts popped out and now its ALL over the rock i put it on....give it time
another note, they also close randomly for a week or so at a time and then slowly re-open. Atleast mine do and i assume its normal, so other people say

debbie

When I feed I sometimes slow down the flow of my HOB filter it seems that these polyps close up when I do this and feed wierd but then they re-open again.
I think they are a pretty hardy coral, so patience is needed and oneday they will surprise you.

kirkland

Our gsp did not open for the first 5 days we had it then they opened up and have done beautifully. Whenever you handle the gsp or move it, expect that they'll close up for a lot longer than other corals. My rule of thumb is to never throw out a closed gsp, you never know when it'll open back up.

nvsbandit

wow i feel super lucky then. as i was walking into my lfs i saw him drop the frag (prolly about 2"x2" and i was like whats that? he said GSP i said take it out. took it home only took maybe 2 hours to open.
give her some time shell open up for ya.

newbieabc

Thank you all for you words of inspiration!
I was just being a worry-wart, it was in the tank for about thirty miuntes, then I thought I'd ask. It opened in about 45 min-1 hour.