green star polyps

gilbert

I have a small colony of GSP that I purchased about three weeks ago. It was doing great until 2 days ago, when it closed up completely. None of its polyps have appeared since then. My parameters are:
ammonia:0ppm
nitrite:0ppm
nitrate:10ppm
temp:80 degrees F
Ph:8.3
specific gravity:1.023
Also in my tank I have a pulsing xenia colony, a colt coral, and a misbar clownfish. The GSP was doing really well until i moved my xenia. The flow on the xenia changed from being directed away from the GSP, to towards it. i moved the GSP, but they still won't come out. Does anyone know what's wrong?

flower

Originally Posted by gilbert
http:///forum/post/3260887
I have a small colony of GSP that I purchased about three weeks ago. It was doing great until 2 days ago, when it closed up completely. None of its polyps have appeared since then. My parameters are:
ammonia:0ppm
nitrite:0ppm
nitrate:10ppm
temp:80 degrees F
Ph:8.3
specific gravity:1.023
Also in my tank I have a pulsing xenia colony, a colt coral, and a misbar clownfish. The GSP was doing really well until i moved my xenia. The flow on the xenia changed from being directed away from the GSP, to towards it. i moved the GSP, but they still won't come out. Does anyone know what's wrong?

When you move a coral, you stress a coral, and a stressed coral sends out chemical warfare to protect itself…run some carbon to combat that. The GSP is very hardy, it will peek back out when the cost is clear. Leave everything alone to adjust.

speg

try using something to blow at the gsp too.. a turkey baster etc.. sometimes mine collects a lot of crap and needs a good blow off (hehe) to get back into shape.

ajroc31

They tend to do that. I would not worry too much, as long as they are not gone for a month or so, even then, they could come back health like nothing happened.

bkroemer

I have some gsp and it was doing great but for about two weeks it has been closed and it looks like its dying and growing algea in it. Does anyone know wat could be going on?