Greenex

denniss

Please advise me if greenex is a good treatment for ick. It seems safe even for inverts.Has anyone used this product.

oyam1

dont do it.
go hypo or copper in a QT.
9 out 10 times it will not work well if its true ICH.
youll just end up doing copper or hypo (if you take the time).
good luck

robvia

If you can set up a QT, that is a good way to go. If that is not possible, then you will have to look into treating your tank. I used greenex a couple weeks ago after it was highly recomended by the LFS. After the 3rd treatment my crab died. It didn't really look healthy before I started so I can't sware that's what did it. My amemones are fine. The ich has not come back yet, but I will feel better in a couple weeks if it still doesn't come back. If it does come back, I will have to QT. Not looking forward to that as I have 6 fish and only a 15 gallon tank. I might have to put LR and anemones in the QT and treat the main tank. Hope it doesn't come to that.
Rob

denniss

Do you know if it is safe for most corals.I have about 10 different kinds and almost like them better than the fish.Not really.

otradnoje

My girlfriend and I both used this once in each of our tanks, I personally don't think it helps that much, Hyposalinity and/or copper would be a much better bet.
The only corals it killed was her deresa clam and my sun coral.

robvia

I have no corals so I can't say for sure. They say it is reef safe.
If I had a lot of money in corals in my tank, I might have tried QT instead.
Rob