Grocery Store Fresh Shrimp

balistidae

has anyone tried feeding their agressives this meal?? Could there be any bad things about feeding with this?? thanks

mattiej

I feed my tanks a variety of foods and I include grocery store shrimp in that. As long as they are not cooked nor 'flavored' they should be fine. Just rinse them under cold water. chop them up and enjoy the show.

mattiej

I have made my own gel food in the past. Really not that hard but does have a certain aroma when grinding up seafood. I used unflavored gelatin and have use algae-based algin as binder. The great thing about this is the ability to add whatever ingredients you want for a particular fish and can add multi-vitamins (the ones for infants) to fortify the mix further.
My Shark Pages

i feed it too. i have also fed the cooked shrimp. dont seem to make a difference to the fish. is there anything wrong with that??

T

thomas712

Originally posted by midwest reefer
i feed it too. i have also fed the cooked shrimp. dont seem to make a difference to the fish. is there anything wrong with that??

That question comes down to how they prepared it, any spices, detergents, preservitieves....etc....
Shhhh....I've done it to, so far no problems.
Thomas

B

bg420

I've been feed shrimp for a couple of years and have had
no problems. It is best if you get it from the store already
frozen and thaw out what you need to feed.

GREAT STUFF, shrimp, squid, scollops, never have COOKED it. Id say if you did it would LOOSE some of it's nutritional value, you could soak it in vitamins over night to help.
'GOOD LUCK GOOD REEFIN"