grrrr this makes me mad

tangman99

Good question. I'm not really sure. Does a picture you post on a forum have any copy right protection if you don't specifically say so?
If it bothers you that much, you could create an account on ---- and bid 100,000 dollars and ruin his auction and send him an email stating why you did it or just send him an email and tell him if he does not remove it that you are going to do that. There are two days left.
The rolex forum I belong to does that all the time for watches that we know are fakes. We have accounts that we will go and bid a million dollars on them and force them to close the auction. We know they won't complain because they are trying to pass fakes. They keep opening up new auctions and we just keep ruining them. This is a little different though in that this seller is not trying to pass off something fake.
Your call dude.

fishy411

Just politely Ask them If they will Take yur picture off the auction and replace it with their own. THere is no need to be angry when yur giving their first warning.

tangman99

Originally posted by fishy411
Just politely Ask them If they will Take yur picture off the auction and replace it with their own. THere is no need to be angry when yur giving their first warning.

Then again this is not a bad idea either. :notsure:

reefraff

I would contact ---- too. I see no disclamer about the item for sale not being as pictured(maybe I missed it). Iam sure they have some kind of policy about misrepresenting items for sale.

unleashed

if im not mistaken you accually have to have a copy right to protect your pics when posting them on the net once they are posted they become public privlage.I personally know a person that put a copy right on their emails so they cannot be legally fowarded to others.the privacy rights act is mostly to protect someone else from placing personal pictures and such onto the internet without prior concent.but not always easy to prossecute.

lovethesea

so they are basically trying to sellling something the don't have?
Bait and switch. ---- would be interested if your email to the seller falls on deaf ears.

unleashed

check out that ---- site again and look to see if they noted ..picture is not of sale item but same type.or anything to that effect. alot of power sellers do that. use example pics.
I agree they should not post pics of examples unless they own that sample personally

skrimpz

Did you email? I am curious what they or ---- would say about that.:happyfish :happyfish :happyfish :happyfish