Grumpy, the emerald crab

dory36

We bought this guy a few weeks ago and have seen him like twice hiding in our rock. I was watching tv, saw him staring at me through the glass, screamed, scared the heck out of everyone, and ran and got my camera. Here he is:

blemmy_guy

Very Cool Dory! I love the Emeralds , I also love your Bubble Coral, one of my personal favorites!! Todd

dory36

Thanks, Todd! :D Hey, is my emerald crab a strange color? He doesn't look very emerald....more like grey. Is that normal?:notsure:

dory36

I bet you're right. He hasn't molted in the few weeks we've had him, so maybe that's what's up with the dingy color! :joy:

misty7850

I have two emeralds and once in awhile they get dingy looking like that, then a couple days later they are back to a nice green.

jg303030

I got a huge 3 legged emerald crab the other day (I told the guy I wanted 3 emrald crabs, not his 3 legged emerald crab) Should of paid attention. He is enourmous, but will his other legs grow back?

jesatfis

Originally posted by jg303030
Don't know? Looks like there were legs there before?

they had to of been there cuz he would not of been able to survive if hes big, anyway he only has 3 legs or what dose he have claws, he will prob croak soon cuz it will slow him down to much , hope u dont have any crab eaters lol.

jg303030

He moves around well. He still has both claws and they are BIG. He fights off the angel fish. The angel fish likes to bang him against the rocks, but he holds his own.

hopkins6

My cleaner shrimp regrew his 2 legs. I am thinking about getting an emerald, have you had any problems and do you like him?

jg303030

No problems. yet. I have 3 and they do a great job. I have no shrimp though, so I don't know how they get along. My LFS told me that the emeralds sometimes eat snails if there isn't enough other stuff in the tank.