GSP cover up

efishnsea

My 70lb center piece of LR somehow acquired some GSP. Here are some pics of before and after covering it up with epoxy. My Ricordea colony didnt seem to like its company.
I hope this is a quick fix
??????

D

dennis210

it spreads like weeds in my tank. So I really understand. It was one of the first corals I ever purchased.

efishnsea

Originally Posted by rebelprettyboy
yd u cover it up???
I have a ton of it and if left unchecked it will grow over everything

efishnsea

I used the epoxy from HomeDepot, be sure you mix it with latex gloves on or else your hands will be black. You will know when it is ready to use when the epoxy starts to get warm. After that point you will only have a few minutes till it turns into a rock. I immediatly rolled it flat with a dowel and put it into the tank and formed it onto the rock. I have had had no ill effects in the tank after introducing it, and have done this many times before. I would have scraped the GSP off but the toxins released by the GSP "IMO" can be toxic. I figured if I covered it up it might not release any toxins as compared to scraping it off of the rock. Just a slow and painless death
????

efishnsea

I'll keep you posted, mabey it will find a way to come out of the epoxy????We shall see, I hate to to kill any coral
but in order to keep everyone happy in such a small confined space "210g", It was the only method I thought might work.

puffer32

I tried putting a large rock on mine and left it there about a month, it grew out from under the rock
Maybe the epoxy will smother it before that can happen, let us know.

johnny&sin

Hey J, what is GSP?? Couldn't get around this weekend but I'll be sure to give you a call when I get back from Mexico with my tan(or should I say burn?).